Who likes the banner?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Went out to visit

Went out to See Specks the other day. It was the first time I rode in my own saddle since about early December. Ever since I've either been riding someone else in a dressage saddle or bareback. I was definitely sore for a few days. It's not the comfiest saddle in the world...

Specks was good. I could have ridden him w/t/c, but when we started in the indoor someone came in to lunge a horse that went ballistic, and he started to follow suit. We went outside and, continuing our spunkiness, simply had to stop and play with every puddle we saw. We then decided that since we didn't want to stop playing with these puddles, we were going to buck everytime I tried to nudge him forward. Combined with the windiness of the day, I decided it was NOT a good idea to attempt our first canter since November. We will try again this Saturday.

His energy is a good sign though. It means he's coming back.

HOWEVER:

spring fever PLUS energy from finally feeling better after a year PLUS energy from nice fresh hay PLUS energy from the feed he gets his meds with PLUS energy he already had....

Someone REALLY needs to burn off some energy before I get hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment