Who likes the banner?

Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Specks!

Specks turned 16 yesterday... he's getting up there in years! I am just so lucky to have him in my life; he is such an amazing horse.

The other day I was jumping him, and there was a 2' brush box. The box was empty, so the top was open. He clipped the inside of it with his ankle. It could have been very bad. I kept riding because he didn't seem to be hurting, just a little stunned. He kept going over it, albeit much higher. When I got off I was rubbing him down and noticed his leg was covered in blood... yeah. Cleaned it up, covered it, and he was all good. He ended up not even pulling up lame, just "touchy" if you know what I mean. There's kind of a difference between lame and "ooh, that is uncomfortable but not affecting my movement." But anyways, I'm going out tonight to ride, and will check up on him then. I haven't heard anything bad from his owner, so I'm assuming he's fine.

I'm gonna miss the big guy when I go to college...

No comments:

Post a Comment